rosi & gardner p.c. logo


Does the company you used to work for owe you money?

Michigan has a special law to protect commissioned sales representatives who do not get paid.   If the company fails to pay you, not only do you have a cause of action for traditional breach of contract, but you may also have a claim under Michigan’s Sales Representative Act (“SRA”), MCL 600.2961 et seq.  Under that statute, not only will the company have to pay you what it owes you if you take them to Court and win, but the company may also be ordered to pay some or all of your court costs and attorney fees, plus a penalty of two times the amount of the unpaid commissions, up to a cap of $200,000.  Read that again.  That is 3 times the amount that is owed you, plus court costs and attorney fees!

How do you collect it?  You should probably start by contacting a Michigan attorney.

The following two tabs change content below.

Latest posts by Gary Gardner (see all)

Related Posts