Uncontested Divorce Traverse City
Within the State of Michigan, many people categorize their divorce as either contested, or uncontested. A contested divorce means that both parties do not agree on the terms of their divorce or certain aspects of their divorce. These cases may have to go before a judge, who will decide all issues in the case, ruling what is “equitable” based on the circumstances and evidence presented. (If you don’t have agreement, from both sides, regarding all terms, you may be able to use mediation (before anyone files anything with the Court) or the Collaborative Divorce process, to come to an agreement.)
If a case is uncontested, both parties agree on all material terms aspects of ending their marriage. An uncontested divorce in Michigan can save you a great deal of time, money, and headaches. Uncontested divorces are generally much faster in dissolving marriages than contested divorces. Contested divorces are slower and can take quite a while to complete.
Simply stated, an uncontested divorce in Michigan allows couples to retain control over their divorce and create the type of agreement best suited to their needs. This includes division of all assets, debts, child custody, child support, and alimony. Our job is to help clients with:
- Clarification and documentation of the parties’ agreement.
- Provision and/or completion of all necessary documents necessary to file the Michigan divorce with the Court.
- Help the parties reduce legal fees by offering cheap solutions in affordable formats.
- We make sure that the agreement covers all the bases; custody, visitation, child support, property, debt, retirement, assets, and any other area which may be important to the parties.
How Long Does A Traverse City Uncontested Divorce Case Take?
An uncontested divorce case in Michigan, at a minimum, will take at a bit over 60 days after it is filed, if there are no minor children. If minor children are involved, the minimum will be a bit over 6 months, after the date that the case is filed with the Court. These time periods run from the date that the case is filed; some (perhaps extensive) document preparation and signature will be required before that filing can happen.
Contact Rosi & Gardner, P.C. for Your Uncontested Divorce.
Contact us for a case evaluation over the phone or by video. Call 231.941.5878.
We can help you choose the best process (including MCR 3.223’s “Summary” Dissolution) for your case and circumstances.
Why choose Rosi & Gardner over another firm? Some of the benefits include:
- Over 25 years of professional experience, both in the courtroom and providing advice and counsel to avoid it
- More than 22 years in business as a firm
- Flexible appointments available
- We can assist with your divorce anywhere in the State of Michigan.
We want to add you to our list of satisfied clients, so call us today to set up an appointment. Contact us to schedule a consultation by phone or video ($250 consultation fee). Call 231.941.5878. We are conveniently located in Traverse City on Garfield Ave. We make ourselves available to clients in and around the Grand Traverse area who need professional legal representation and services. If you are looking for help navigating the Michigan divorce process, please contact Rosi & Gardner today and let us help you during this time of challenges.