Mediated divorce has several benefits over traditional litigated divorce, including:
- Cost-effective: Mediated divorce is typically less expensive than traditional divorce because it requires fewer court appearances and legal fees.
- More control: In mediated divorce, the couple retains control over the decisions made during the divorce process, rather than relying on a judge to make decisions for them.
- Less stressful: Mediated divorce is generally less stressful than traditional divorce because it is a collaborative process where both parties work together to reach an agreement, rather than being pitted against each other in an adversarial court battle.
- Faster process: Mediated divorce typically takes less time than traditional divorce because the parties can work at their own pace rather than being limited by the court’s schedule.
- Confidentiality: Mediation sessions are private and confidential, which allows the parties to have open and honest discussions without the fear of their words being used against them in court.
Overall, mediated divorce can be a more amicable and efficient way to end a marriage, allowing both parties to move on with their lives more quickly and with less stress and financial burden
Rosi & Gardner, P.C.
Latest posts by Rosi & Gardner, P.C. (see all)
- Is Collaborative Divorce the Right Choice for You? Exploring a Path to Amicable Separation - November 29, 2023
- Choosing Harmony: Why Opt for Collaborative Divorce Over Traditional Divorce - August 30, 2023
- Benefits of Mediated Divorce - May 24, 2023